Thursday, October 17, 2013

Snack Food Edition: Ranch Oysterettes

This is a pretty short and sweet post.
After all, I am on vacation at the beach for my 5th wedding anniversary...and I have XBOX 360 to be playing.

...what?  You thought I was going to say something else?  I'm a geek, remember?  Of course we brought the XBOX 360 on vacation.  Normal people bring swimsuits, geeks bring gaming consoles.  That's how it goes.

Speaking of gaming...we have occasional game nights at our house for our friends.  Everyone knows that gaming and snacks go together like Bert & Ernie, so the wine starts to flow and the snacks follow suit. One of my favorite things to fix (and the most dangerously addictive!) is ranch oysterette crackers. These things are sooo yummy.

You may want to make a double batch if you are having a big group come over, because these little crackers move fast. I set out bowls of these on the table, and I'm hopping up to refill them every few minutes until people realize how many they have eaten and beg me to stop.  That's how game night goes at our place...we'll feed you snacks until you beg us for the safety of your waistline.  There's no shame in my game: my mother taught me to feed guests well, and that's what I do.

Without further adieu, I give you the recipe written in my chicken scratch.  Enjoy!

(My friend Kelia has a serious addiction to these!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know you were here :-)